This webinar discusses the latest policy and recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics. The content identifies safe sleep practices to protect SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), evaluates the pros and cons of this updated policy, and provides information to promote an overall safe sleep environment for infants and toddlers.
- Understand the latest recommendations from the AAP regarding the last policy update (October 2016).
- Discuss pros and cons of the policy updates and identify potential risk for babies if misinterpreted.
- Understand the difference between SIDS and suffocation.
- Be able to define a safe sleep environment for babies.
- Identify three ways to share safe sleep information with parents.
Approved Endorsement Competencies:
- Pregnancy & early parenthood
- Infant & Young Child Development and Behavior
- Relationship-based practice
- Family relationships and dynamics
- Mental disorders of infancy/early childhood
Example Featured Products
Showcase other available courses and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific course.