Literacy in Early Childhood is the gateway into speech and reading development for children. As professionals and caregivers, it is important to steer children in the direction of positive literacy skills from the moment they enter the world. In this course, attendees will learn how to foster early literacy from birth and strategies to implement with infants and toddlers throughout their growth and development.
- Learn how reading supports early brain development.
- Recognize what young children learn when caregivers read to them.
- Discuss the benefits of reading to babies.
- Describe three ways reading helps with development.
- List strategies for reading to children of all ages.
Approved Endorsement Competencies
- infant/young child development & behavior
- infant/young child & family-centered practice
- family relationships & dynamics