Infant feeding encompasses the journey of choosing whether to breastfeed or formula feed. Knowing the pros and cons for both will help new moms decide which route is better for them. This course will outline both the benefits and challenges of breast and formula feeding, the role of lactation consultants, and the resources available for new moms.
- Learn about the benefits of breastmilk.
- Learn how to support families in their infant feeding practices.
- Learn about options for formula.
- Understand how a lactation consultant can help a family.
- Learn about the recommended timelines for transitioning to solid foods and other milks.
Approved Endorsement Competencies
- pregnancy & early parenthood
- infant/young child & family-centered practice
- community resources