Connecting with others is the basis of social emotions for all human beings even for infants and toddlers. Experiences that infants and toddlers have either inhibit or enhance their inborn potential. As caregivers, we have the opportunity to lay the foundation for positive social emotions to emerge.
- Understand the basics of social-emotional development in very young children.
- Learn strategies to empower parents to support their childs social-emotional development
- Help children build resilience by learning skills to manage emotions.
- Help children learn prosocial strategies to support development.
- Understand developmental expectations by age for social-emotional development.
- infant/young child development & behavior
- infant/young child & family-centered practice
- relationship-based practice