Children grow and thrive in the context of healthy relationships. When a child experiences disruptions in their attachment and caregiving, their brain is impacted. In this session, attendees will learn about early brain development, attachment theory, and tools to support sensitive caregiving to promote positive brain development, self-regulation, and positive social/emotional development.
- Understand Infant Mental Health, & Early Brain Development
- Have the knowledge to recognize and support the emotional wellbeing of infants and very young children
- Have the knowledge to identify types of attachments and identify red flags.
- Understand the importance of increased support and communication with parents/caregivers and extended family members.
- Have the knowledge to share with parents/caregivers.
Approved Endorsement Competencies:
- infant/young child development & behavior
- family relationships & dynamics
- attachment, separation & loss
- developmental guidance