Equity, diversity, and inclusion are important in any facet of life, but how do they apply to early childhood? As professionals, it is important that we hold the principles of equity close to best serve the children and families that we work with. This training will address the areas of early childhood in which an equitable lens will benefit both families and professionals.
- Participants will be able to define diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Participants will be able to reflect on their role in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Participants will be able to apply real-world strategies in their work to create diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments.
- professional/personal development
- cultural competence
- infant/young child & family-centered practice