How do we strengthen familial connections or use families’ strengths to bridge gaps? Children are more likely to thrive when they have a supportive and strong family system behind them. This course will discuss the protective factors as outlined by the Center for the Study of Social Policy that influences child development, produce better family outcomes, and lower the risk of child abuse and neglect.
- Learn the protective factors outlined by the Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Learn strategies to build familial connections.
- Learn how to use a strengths-based approach when working with families
Endorsement Approved Competencies:
- family relationships & dynamics
- relationship-based practice